Welcome back to my page. I am so glad you have stopped by. Call me crazy but yeah this is my third tandoori recipe on my blog after Whole Tandoori Cauliflower and Tandoori Chicken. I do really like the flavors here, just marinate and bake. It doesn’t get any easier than this. Without wasting any more time, let’s make some delicious tandoori salmon. Feel free to use your choice of fish here.
Salmon Fish – 1 pound
Thick yogurt – 3 tbsp
Ginger and Garlic paste – 2 tbsp.
Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
Oil – 2 tbsp., more for basting the fish, as needed
Salt to taste
Tandoori Masala – 2 tbsp. (See notes for recipe or use store bought)
- Wash your fish well and soak it dry. Meanwhile, mix together the yogurt, ginger garlic paste, lemon juice, salt and the tandoori masala. Now coat the fish well in marinade. Finally drizzle 2 tbsp. oil on top and mix well. The oil helps the marinade to stick to the fish.
- A zip lock works best here. Just transfer the marinade and fish pieces to a zip lock, mix well and let it rest in the fridge for at least 1 – 2 hours.
- Once you are ready to cook, preheat your oven to 400F. Line a baking dish with foil. Carefully place the marinated fish on the baking dish and bake for 15 minutes, turning mid ways to ensure even cooking. Apply some oil, if needed.
- You know the fish is done when it flakes easily with a fork. Now, turn on the broil or grill mode and cook for a few minutes to get a beautiful color and crisp to your fish.
- Serve it hot with some mint chutney and onion rings.
Tandoori Masala Recipe
Red Chilly Powder – 1 tsp
Coriander Seeds – 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 2 tsp
Nutmeg Powder – 1/2 tsp
Black pepper Corns – 1 tsp
Whole Cloves – 1 tsp
Cinnamon Stick – 1 inch piece
Paprika – 1 tsp
Red color – 1/4 tsp (optional)
Roast all these spices in a pan for a few minutes until fragrant and ground to a fine powder. Use as needed.
So that is how I made this delicious fish. Do let me know if you give this a try.
Thanks for stopping by.