A big hello. Hope everyone is enjoying the warmer weather and looking forward to a gorgeous summer. Unless of course if you are in India, its a little bit too hot this year, as I have heard. Hope the rains bring some much needed relief soon. As for us, we are so ready for summer. 🙂
Sorry for missing in action for so long. I have not really been cooking much these days. There is however an exciting news coming up. Watch this space for more details.
Due to short of energy and time on hand, I have been experimenting a lot with my slow cooker these days. Besides trying a lot of Indian curries, I have also made some chicken, chili, meatballs etc. in this wonderful pot and have been more than pleased. 😀
For today’s post, I am making some cheese stuffed meatballs in my slow cooker. You can definitely bake them too. Check the notes below to know how. Without further delay, lets move on to the recipe.
Ground Turkey – 1 pound (feel free to use your favorite meat)
Bread Crumbs – 1 cup
Egg – 1
Mozzarella Cheese Sticks (String Cheese) – 4 (Or use any cubed hard cheese of your choice)
Garlic – 1 tsp, minced
Italian Seasoning – 1 tbsp.
Black pepper – 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Marinara Sauce & Boiled Spaghetti – as needed
Chopped Parsley – for garnish
- Cut each cheese sticks in about 6 pieces and freeze them for about 20 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, take a mixing bowl and add in the ground meat, egg, bread crumbs, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Mix everything very well.
- Now take out the cheese from the freezer. Scoop out a little bit of this meat mixture and roll it into a ball. Now push inside a cheese cube in the center of the ball and roll it again to seal the cheese inside the meat balls. Repeat the same with all the meatballs.
- Grease the inside of your slow cooker and add some marinara sauce at the bottom. Now place the meatballs in a single line. Top with more marinara sauce and stack the remaining meatballs as needed. Top with some more sauce to cover the meatballs.
- Cook this on low for about 4 hours or on high for 2 hours. The meat should no longer be pink.
- Finally, serve it with some boiled spaghetti and garnish it with chopped parsley. Dig in.
- If you would like to bake the meatballs, just place them on a greased baking dish and bake in a preheat oven at 400 F for 20 minutes.
- You can also make the meatballs ahead of time and freeze them. Cook them as needed.
So here is how I made this delicious and cheesy meatballs.
Thanks for stopping by at my page. Do let me know if you try this out.