A big hello to all of you. Just in case you were wondering where have I vanished..here is something special to share with you. God has been really kind and has blessed us with a beautiful angel. My second daughter was born on June 9th, 2016. Our lives just got a lot happier, the big sister being the happiest of all.🙂
This carrot cake was made to celebrate her “1 month” completion and is therefore a very special one. Just in case you have never had a carrot cake before, let me warn you that it won’t taste like carrot. That’s the primary difference between baking with fruits and vegetables, A banana bread has an amazing flavor of the fruit but hide some zucchini in a bread and no one will ever know. Shredded carrots lend a beautiful color and texture to this cake and makes the cake very moist and delicious. A full serving of vegetables in a dessert..How awesome is that🙂
So without wasting any more time, lets make this delicious carrot cake
All purpose flour – 2 cups
Grated carrots – 2 1/2 cups
Eggs – 4
Sugar – 1 1/2 cups
Oil – 1 cup
Raisins – 1/2 cup
Baking powder – 1 1/2 tsp
Baking Soda – 1 tsp
Cinnamon powder – 1 1/2 tsp
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
Cream Cheese Frosting:
Cream Cheese – 8 oz
Unsalted butter – 1/4 cup
Powdered Sugar – 2 cups
- Preheat oven to 350F and lighty grease a 9 inch cake pan. Finely grate the carrots and keep aside.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon powder.
- Using an electric or hand mixer, beat the eggs until frothy and then add in the sugar and beat till the batter is thick and creamy. Slowly add in the oil and vanilla extract and continue mixing.
- Add in the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until just combined. Fold in the carrots and raisins.
- Bake for about 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let it rest for about 10 minutes before removing the cake from the pan. You can enjoy the cake as is or frost it if you like.
- Use an electric or hand mixer and blend together the ingredients listed under cream cheese frosting until smooth and well combined.
- Spread the frosting as desired and sprinkle with chopped pecans. Enjoy.
So that is how I made this carrot cake to celebrate my daughter’s one month in our lives.
You never really know how happy someone can make you..until they come along.🙂
Thanks so much for stopping by. Do let me know if you try this cake.