Summer is at its peak in our part of the world and we are making the most of it. Summer also means outings, picnics and potlucks. This black bean salad that I am sharing with you today is my favorite summer salad. The best part about this salad is that you can pre-make it (How awesome is that..!!), serve it at room temperature and is light and healthy. Perfect for the summer days when you don’t want to spend too much time in the kitchen. 😀
So get your picnic basket ready and enjoy this light summer treat. Its good with chips, or make it a meal by wrapping it in some tortillas or top it on a toast. So delicious 😛
Here is how I make this yummy and healthy salad
Black beans – 2 cans, 15 oz, drained and well rinsed (You can also pressure cook your choice of beans and use in the recipe)
Red Bell pepper – 1 medium, finely chopped
English Cucumber – 1 medium, finely chopped (If using regular cucumber make sure to deseed it)
Frozen corn kennels – 1 cup, microwave them for a minute
Red onion – 1 small, finely chopped
Chopped Cilantro – 1/2 cup
Garlic – 2 cloves, minced
Olive Oil – 1/2 cup
Lime Juice – 1/4 cup
Pepper – 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
- Rinse the black beans really well and mix all the other veggies – bell pepper, cucumber, corn, onion and cilantro. Keep aside.
- To make the dressing – mix together the olive oil, lime juice, minced garlic, salt and pepper.
- Finally mix the beans, veggies and the dressing in a bowl and keep it covered in a refrigerator for at least 2 – 4 hours.
- Adjust the seasonings as per your preference.
- Serve it with your favorite chips or enjoy as it is.
I hope you liked this easy and delicious summer salad.
Thanks for stopping by. I hope to see you again soon.