Hello Guys. Thanks for sticking around. Hope 2018 is going great for you. I have been trying my best to get back to blogging but the girls keep me extremely occupied. I hope to be more regular but I really appreciate each one of yours effort to stay connected. Thanks a bunch 🙂
Today I am sharing a delicious coconut cake I baked a few days ago. It turned out much better than expected. Extremely soft and oh so flavorful. And when I shared a video of my Mid Night Baking on Facebook, I received so many requests for the recipe. So here I am again, back to writing. Frankly I owe it to you guys for keeping me motivated. Thanks for all the requests and appreciations, this cake is especially for you guys.
So Lets get onto the recipe.
Freshly grated coconut or Dry desiccated coconut – 1 cup
All purpose flour – 1 cup
Semolina or Rava Sooji – 1 cup
Sugar – 1.5 cup
Thick Yogurt – 1 cup
Milk – 1 cup (you might need more or less depending on the thickness of your curd)
Oil – 1/2 cup
Baking Powder – 1 tsp
Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
Sliced Almonds and Pistachios – for Garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350F and grease an 8 inch cake pan well with nonstick spray.
- Mix together flour, semolina, coconut, sugar, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add in the wet ingredients – Yogurt, Oil and Milk. Note that the quantity of milk used will vary based on how thick your yogurt is. We are looking for the consistency of a fairly thick but flowing batter (not runny). Just how a regular cake batter should be.
- Mix everything until well combined. Pour the batter in the greased pan and lightly tap it on the kitchen counter to release the air bubbles. Garnish the cake batter with sliced almonds and pistachios.
- Finally bake it in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. The cake is done when a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Since all ovens work differently, its best to check after 25 minutes. If your cake starts to brown but is still uncooked at the center, cover it with an aluminum foil and continue cooking till the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Once done, take it out from the oven and let it rest on the kitchen counter for at least 20 minutes before unmolding it. Slice and enjoy this delicious cake.
So that’s how I made this delightful cake. Do let me know if you give this a try.
I hope to see you again soon.
Love, Ritu. 🙂