Hello everyone. I can’t believe I haven’t written anything in over two weeks now. I have been on a constant “Lazy Mode” these days, which by the way is one of my favorite moods 😉 Who wants to stand in the kitchen when you can get comfy on the couch, read a book, sip some soup and enjoy the lazy winter days. It sounds so exciting as I write it down, I want to put down my laptop and go back on the couch. 🙂
But before I do that, here is an easy weeknight dinner option for you. It gets ready in less than 30 minutes so you can continue enjoying the lazy winters. I have made this with Tilapia but use your favorite kind of fish. It can be served with some steamed vegetables or fried brown rice like I did. And while the fish bakes, you can get the accompaniment ready, which means dinner on the table soon.
Recipe inspired from here
Lets get cooking…
Tilapia Fillets – 4
Garlic Cloves – 2, finely chopped
Ginger – 1 inch, grated
Soy Sauce – 2 tbsp.
Honey – 4 tbsp.
Vinegar – 1 tbsp.
Sriracha or any hot chili sauce – 1 tsp
Apple Sauce – 2 tbsp., (Optional)
Sesame Oil – 2 tbsp.
Salt and Black pepper – to taste
For garnish – finely chopped cilantro and sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper and leave aside.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients, except garnish, and form a sauce to coat the fish. You can also dip the fillets in the sauce and let it refrigerate for 30 minutes if you have the time.
- Now take an oven proof dish and place the four fillets in four pieces of foil to make a package. This method really makes a nice and juicy fish as it cooks and steams in its own juices.
- Distribute the sauce evenly over all the four fillets and fold each piece of foil to make a packet and then seal the edge of each packet, crimping it tightly.
- Bake the fish for 15 – 20 minutes. You know the fish is done when it easily flakes with a fork.
- If you like a little caramelized top of the fish, open the packets and broil/grill it for 2 minutes.
- Garnish the fish with some chopped cilantro and sesame seeds. Enjoy this delicious Asian style fish with your choice of veggies and rice.
So that is how I made this super easy and delicious fish.
Do let me know if you give this a try. Thanks for stopping by.