Hello everyone. Its that time of the month where I do my monthly column for the B’khush Magazine. It is an online magazine, catering to the South Asian population around the world. They write about varied topics ranging from fitness, beauty, parenting, DIY projects, recipes etc. Do check out their website – B’Khush – Upload Thoughts, Download Happiness.
My column in the magazine is called “Healthy Bites“. Through this column, I like to share such recipes that provide the nutrition, taste great and most of all you can enjoy them guilt free. Follow me here to make some easy and healthy dishes that you wouldn’t feel guilty about when you take that second serving.
For today’s post I am making some healthy Oats & Chia seeds Crackers. I was desperately looking to make a healthy and crunchy snack that I can enjoy with my tea or coffee without the guilt. I recently tried these oats and chia seeds crackers that were made with minimal oil and are such a healthy snack, one that you wouldn’t feel guilty about.
Need more motivation to make these – I also used these crackers to make a healthy papri chaat. Just top these crackers with some boiled potatoes, chopped onions, boiled chole, beaten yogurt and your favorite chutneys. Dig in. Now that’s what I call healthy feasting. 🙂
Lets hop on to the B’Khush magazine for the recipe here.
UPDATE – The B’Khush Website is currently not working. You can find the recipe for the crackers here:
Oats – 1 cup (I have used quick oats, but steel cut oats would work too)
Whole wheat flour – ¼ cup
Chia Seeds – 1 tbsp
Oil – 1.5 tbsp
Water – ¼ cup, (more or less as needed to make the dough)
Salt – to taste
Dried Fenugreek Leaves – 2 tbsp, crushed
Red chilly powder – ½ tsp, more if preferred
Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Dry roast the Oats for a few minutes and grind them to a fine powder.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients and form a dough using as much water as needed. Let the dough rest for 15 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 400 F and grease a baking sheet or line it with parchment paper.
- Now roll out the dough real thin and cut it into rounds or use your favorite cookie cutter.
- Place it on the baking tray and bake it for 8 – 10 minutes. Keep a close eye toward the end as they burn really quickly. A slight brown towards the edges is all you need.
- Let the crackers cool down completely before storing them away in an air tight container.
- This recipe should give you about 30 round crackers.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Do let me know if you try them out.