If you or your kids love eating pizza, but feel guilty about all the extra calories, this post is for you. Imagine eating pizza and getting a full serving of a vegetable, it doesn’t get better than this. When I came across this recipe, I was amused. How in the world can we make a pizza from a cauliflower. Surprising, but deliciously true. It satisfies your craving for a pizza, for that cheesy goodness and is super healthy. Highly recommended. 🙂
Small or medium cauliflower – 1
Mozzarella cheese – ½ cup (Use your choice of cheese)
Egg -1 (See notes for substitutions)
Mixed Italian Herbs – 1 tbsp
Garlic cloves – 2, minced
Black pepper powder – ¼ tsp
Salt to taste
Red chilly flakes – to taste, optional
Pizza Sauce – ¼ cup
Cheese – ½ cup (more or less, as per your preference)
Your choice of Pizza toppings
- Remove the stems of the cauliflower and pulse the florets in a food processor till you get very fine cauliflower rice. You can also grate the florets if you like.
- Cook the florets in a microwave for about 8 minutes. You can also cook it on a stove top in boiling water for about the same time.
- Once done, drain all the water and let it cool down. Finally, wrap the cooked cauliflower crumbles in a kitchen towel and squeeze out as much water as you can. This step is very important to get a good pizza base.
- Preheat your oven to 450 F and line your baking sheet with Parchment paper. The parchment paper is very important here to ensure your pizza does not stick to the baking sheet.
- Now mix the cauliflower (which should be really dry by now) with cheese, garlic, herbs, salt and pepper, egg and the chili flakes. Use your hand and make a soft dough.
- Now form a round pizza crust using the dough making sure it is not too thick or thin and place it on the baking sheet.
- Bake it for about 20 – 25 minutes till the sides are nicely brown.
- Take it out of the oven and flip on the other side. Apply the tomato sauce, your choice of pizza toppings and the cheese.
- Put it back in the oven and let it cook for another 7 – 8 minutes till the cheese has nicely melted.
- Let it rest for about 2 minutes. Finally cut your healthy pizza into slices and enjoy this guilt free delight.
To replace egg you can either use 1 tbsp of flax seeds mixed with 3 tbsp of water or
1 tbsp of chia seeds mixed with 3 tbsp of water. Leave it aside for 10 minutes and use as in the recipe.
Thanks so much for reading the recipe. All I can say is..It is probably one of the most delicious ways you can eat a cauliflower.
Do give this a try and let me know if you like it.
See you again soon.