Hello everyone. Its that time on the month again when I do my monthly column for the B’Khush Magazine – Healthy Bites. Do check out the website if you haven’t. It has lot of interesting content ranging from women health to fashion, foods etc.
For today’s post I am cooking up some Avocado Kebabs. I cam across this recipe at Cook with Priyanka. Such an easy and delicious recipe and super healthy. Full credit to Priyanka for such a delicious take on Avocados. Do check out her blog for some interesting recipes.
I have modified the recipe to include some veggies just to make it healthier. 🙂
Here is my take on Avocado Kebabs or Burger.
Ripe Avocado – 1
Onion – 1, small, finely chopped
Carrot – 1 medium, finely shredded (you can also use beetroot here)
Garlic – 2 cloves, finely chopped
Ginger – ½ inch, finely chopped
Green chilies – 1, finely chopped
Semolina or Sooji – 1 tbsp
Corn flour – 1 tbsp (this is for binding, other options you can use here is half a small boiled and mashed potato or mashed rice – 2 tbsp)
Cumin Powder – ½ tsp
Chopped Cilantro – 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Oil – 1 tbsp
- Cut the avocado and scoop out the flesh. Discard the seed. Mash the pulp well with a fork.
- Add in the chopped onions, garlic, ginger, green chilies, shredded carrots, sooji, cornflour, cilantro, salt and the cumin powder. Mix everything well.
- Heat oil in a large griddle and make small patties of the mixture.
- If the mixture is a little runny, wet your hands. That really helps to form the shape.
- Cook them on medium flame, 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve hot with mint chutney and onion rings or with some salad on the side.
- For the salad I have just mixed shredded carrots with salt, pepper and vinegar.
Thanks so much for reading I hope you liked the recipe.
Do give it a try and let me know. See you soon.