A big hello to all of you. Today I am making a skinny (healthy) chocolate dessert. It has no butter, cream and just 2 tbsp. of oil. Its super easy to make and you will end up with a delicious cake topped with chocolate syrup, all in one bowl. That is why its called a pudding cake. You have to try it to believe it, a truly chocolate lover’s delight. 😛
Without wasting any time, lets make this yummy pudding cake. 🙂
Recipe inspired from here.
For the Cake:
All purpose flour – 1 cup
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder – 1/4 cup
Milk – 1/2 cup
Oil – 2 tbsp
Baking powder – 2 tsp
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
For the Chocolate Topping:
Water – 1 3/4 cups
Brown Sugar – 3/4 cup
Unsweetened Cocoa powder – 1/4 cup
- Preheat your oven to 350 F and lightly spray an 8 inch square dish with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, sugar and salt. Add in the milk, oil and vanilla extract. Mix everything till well combined. Pour this mixture in your baking dish.
- Now to make the sauce, take a sauce pan and add the water, sugar and cocoa powder. Mix well to make sure there are no lumps. Bring to boil, stirring occasionally. Turn off the gas. Pour this sauce mixture over the cake batter. Don’t stir the mix after this.
- Bake this for 30 – 35 minutes till a toothpick inserted at the center of the oven comes out clean. Allow it to rest 30 minutes before serving.
- When the cake bakes, the liquid will settle at the bottom and form a thick sauce.
- To serve, cut a slice of the cake, pour the sauce on top and serve with some vanilla ice cream or whipped cream topping, if desired. Enjoy.
So that is how I made this delicious chocolate pudding cake. Do let me know if you give this a try.
Thanks for stopping by.