Are you looking for a quick dinner that is ready in less than 20 minutes. True to its name, this pasta cooks all in one pot with its sauce and is ready to eat in half the time you will take to make it the traditional way. …
Also, no butter or cream used here. Cheese – optional. Quick, easy and healthy.
You can’t beat that. 🙂
Whole milk – 1 1/2 cup
Water or broth – 1 1/2 cup
Uncooked pasta – 8 oz, use any pasta of your choice. I have used fettuccini here
Olive oil – 1 tbsp
Garlic cloves – 3, minced
Onion – 1 small, chopped
Red pepper – 1/2 chopped
Spinach leaves – 1/2 cup chopped
Salt to taste
Black pepper 1/2 tsp
Red chilly flakes – as desired, optional
Parmesan cheese – 1/3 cup, optional. I did not add.
1. Heat oil in a large skillet and add the minced garlic and onion. Cook them for a few minutes.
2. Add in the red pepper and spinach and cook for a minute.
3. Next add in the milk, water, salt and pepper and let it just come to a simmer.
4. Break the pasta and add it to the boiling milk mixture. Mix gently and let the pasta cook for about 10 minutes at medium low, stirring every few minutes.
5. Cook just until the pasta is tender and switch off the flame.
6. Finally add in the chilly flakes and Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
Enjoy this quick and healthy one pot version of your favorite pasta.
Thanks for stopping by. Do let me know if you try it.