Hello everyone. Its that time of the month where I do my monthly column for the B’khush Magazine. It is an online magazine, catering to the South Asian population around the world. They write about varied topics ranging from fitness, beauty, parenting, DIY projects, recipes etc. Do check out their website – B’Khush – Upload Thoughts, Download Happiness.
My column in the magazine is called “Healthy Bites“. Through this column, I like to share such recipes that provide the nutrition, taste great and most of all you can enjoy them guilt free. Follow me here to make some easy and healthy dishes that you wouldn’t feel guilty about when you take that second serving.
Today I am bringing another healthy appetizer for you, just skip the cheese if you like, it will still be as delicious. These stuffed sweet peppers look very pretty and is sure to please all your guests.
Let’s hop on to the B’Khush Women website to get the recipe – here.
Update: The B’Khush website isn’t working at the moment so you can find the recipe here.
Sweet mini peppers – 1 lb
Black Beans – 1 cup, rinsed and drained well, if using a can. (Or pressure cook and use as needed)
Frozen Corn – ¾ cup, cook in microwave for a minute
Salsa – ½ cup, Mild or medium taste, as preferred
Shredded Cheese – 1 cup
Salt and pepper – as per taste
Chopped Cilantro – for garnish
1. Preheat your oven to 350 F and grease a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
2. Cut each of the pepper length wise and take out all the seeds.
3. In a bowl mix the black beans, frozen corn, salsa, salt and pepper.
4. Spoon this mixture into each of the peppers and bake it in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes, till the peppers are just soft to touch and all the filling is heated through.
5. Top each of the peppers with cheese and let it bake for another minute or so, till the cheese is just melted.
6. Garnish with chopped cilantro leaves and serve hot.
Thank You for stopping by. Do let me know if you try it out.