I cannot believe I am writing my 50th blog post. When I started this blog a few months ago, (First Post) I did not think I would go past 15 posts, but thanks to all the encouragement from friends and family, here I am still sharing some thoughts and some recipes 🙂 I would also like to take this opportunity to thank all of my readers and friends from the blogging world that I have met and connected through my blogging journey. I owe this to you. Thanks for sticking out with me. I really appreciate and value each one of you. 🙂
For today’s post I am sharing a very easy Indian dessert – Pedas. The traditional method of making Peda is a lengthy process but this is a super easy recipe that’s done in the microwave and is ready to gobble in flat 15 minutes. I recently had to take some Indian dessert to my daughter’s school and this is what I made for her class. It pretty much resembled a milk fudge and was well liked by her non-Indian friends. But my favorite part is how quickly they get ready. So next time you need a quick dessert, try them out. Diwali is almost here and if you are still haven’t made anything, these last minute Pedas are here to your rescue.
Lets make them together 😀
Instant Dry Milk Powder – 2 cups
Sweetened Condensed Milk (Milkmaid) – 14 0z can or 395 ml
Unsalted butter or ghee – 8 tbsp. or 1/2 cup
Cardamom Powder – 1 tsp
Garnish – Colored Powdered Sugar and Cranberries (Feel free to use raisins, almonds, pistachios etc.)
- Take a microwave safe bowl and melt the butter or ghee.
- Next add in the milk powder and condensed milk and mix really well.
- My microwave power is 1100 watts. Microwave the mixture for 1 minute, uncovered. Take it out, stir and microwave it for another minute.
- After the second minute of cooking, take it out and mix everything well, add in the cardamom powder and put this back in the microwave but this time just for 30 seconds. We need to closely monitor the texture of the Pedas. You do not want them to dry out and at the same out they need to reach a consistency where you can form balls.
- After 2.30 minutes of total cooking, take a small portion in your hand and see if you can roll it like a ball. If not, microwave it for another 30 seconds. Since all microwave ovens work differently, you need to check it accordingly.
- Finally, mix it really well and let it cool down for a few minutes till they are still warm but being able to form into balls.
- Lightly grease your hands and take a small pinch of this mixture and try to form a crack free ball. Flatten it a little to give it the Peda shape and keep aside.
- Similarly shape all the Pedas, acting quickly before the mixture cools down. You should be able to get at least 25 Pedas from this recipe, depending on the size.
- Dip each of the Pedas in colored powdered sugar and place a cranberry on top. Or use your choice of garnish.
- Let them cool down completely before storing them in an air tight container in the refrigerator. They are best enjoyed at room temperature.
So that is how easy these are. I hope you will give them a try and let me know if you like them.
I wish everyone celebrating a very happy and prosperous Diwali. Indulge and Enjoy.
Thanks for stopping by.