Hello everyone. I hope you guys are doing well. I am on a “constant happy mode” these days. Just in case you didn’t know my parents are visiting us here and I am so delighted with all the love, pampering and of course the good food. 🙂
Today I am sharing the recipe of a vegan Banana Pecan Bread. I made this to welcome my parents and they give it a big thumps up. I wanted to make something without egg for them but haven’t really had good success with yogurt or other egg substitutes earlier so was a little skeptical with this one. The good thing was I didn’t add any egg substitute here, expect for an additional banana and it worked like a charm. I would definitely be making this again. I have used Pecans here but you can definitely add walnuts or your choice of nuts or chocolate chips as well.
Now lets pick up some of those ripe bananas and make this delicious bread 😛
All purpose Flour – 1.5 cups (Can also use whole wheat flour instead)
Very Ripe Bananas – 4, medium
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Oil – 2/3 cup
Baking Powder – 1 tsp
Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon Powder – 1/4 tsp
A pinch of salt
Chopped Pecans – 1 cup
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Grease well a 9 inch loaf pan with butter and keep aside.
- Peel and mash the over ripe bananas with a fork or use a blender. Mix in the Oil and Sugar to the banana puree.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder and salt. Keep aside.
- Take some flour and coat well about 3/4 cup of the pecans. This ensures that the pecan do not sink to the bottom of the pan while baking. We will use the remaining 1/4 cup of pecans for garnish.
- Mix the coated pecans with flour mixture.
- Now gently mix the dry ingredients with the wet ones, making sure not to over mix. Just use a rubber spatula.
- Finally, pour this mixture in your greased pan and give it a gentle tap and shake to take out any air bubbles.
- Garnish with the remaining pecans on top of the bread.
- Bake it for about 40 minutes, more or less, depending on your oven, until a toothpick inserted at the center on the bread comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool at the kitchen counter for 10 minutes before slicing. Enjoy with your favorite beverage.
- Any leftovers can be stored in an air tight container for up to 3 days.
So that is how I made this healthy and delicious bread and welcomed my parents 🙂
I hope you will give this a try and let me know if you like it.
Thanks so much for stopping by.