Hot Sizzling Brownies topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream is one of my favorite desserts. I have always made them with eggs but I was desperately looking for an eggless version to make for a friend. So when I came across this recipe at Fork And Knives I was impressed. It seemed fairly simple and looked perfect. I went ahead and tried it and the result was just as good. Rich, gooey, fudgy. Just about perfect. Thanks so much for the recipe Remya. I will definitely be making them again. 🙂
Here is how I made these delicious “not so perfect” squares of chocolaty goodness. 😀
All purpose flour – 1/2 cup
Unsweetened Cocoa powder – 1/3 cup
Semi sweet chocolate chips – 1 cup
Unsalted Butter – 8 tbsp. or 1/2 cup
Instant coffee powder – 1 tsp
Water – 2 tbsp.
Sweetened Condensed Milk – 1 can, 400 ml
Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Start by melting your chocolate. Mix in the chocolate with the butter and heat this in the microwave till every thing is melted and well combined. Make sure to do this in 30 second intervals to make sure you do not burn the chocolate. This should take about 2 -3 minutes. I prefer to do this in the double boiler method. Bring water to boil in a bigger pan and place a smaller pan on top with the chocolate and butter. Keep stirring till its all melted and one. Let it cool for a few minutes.
- Heat up the 2 tbsp of water and add in the instant coffee powder. Mix well. Add this to the melted chocolate mixture.
- Finally pour in the can of condensed milk and mix it well with the chocolate mix till all is nicely combined.
- Now its time to add in the dry ingredients. Sift the flour, cocoa powder and the baking powder and mix it with the chocolate mixture. Make sure everything is well combined. You can also mix in some chopped walnuts before baking, if you like or top your brownies with your choice of nuts.
- Grease well an 8×8 inch baking pan or line it with parchment paper. Pour in the brownie mix and let it cook for about 35 minutes. Do a tooth pick test at the center of the pan to make sure its done.
- Let it cool for about 30 minutes before cutting it to get clean edges. I did not have the patience and therefore ended with “not so perfect” squares. The taste was still delicious.
- Store any left overs in an air tight container. Make sure to heat it in a microwave before serving. It will taste just as awesome the next day.
Someone pass on the ice cream please 😛
Do give it a try. I am sure you will like it.
Thanks for stopping by. See you again soon.