I love Chinese takeout. Its quick and delicious, plus I get a break from cooking. We all have those busy weeknights when cooking is the last thing in our mind. So when I came across this quick Chicken and Broccoli recipe on Gimme Some Oven, I loved it. It was like bringing the takeout to your home. Its quick, easy and delicious. I wasted no time in trying it out and was amazed at how quickly it was ready. And the sauce was so delicious. 😛
If you are looking for an easy and quick dinner option, I highly recommend this. I tried it with broccoli just as the recipe suggested which turned out great but you can easily substitute it for any other vegetable of your choice, or make it just with chicken alone. It will taste delicious, I can assure you.
Here is how I made it.
Olive Oil – 2 tbsp
Chicken Breasts – boneless, skinless – 2, cut them into small pieces to speed up the cooking
broccoli – 1 medium size, cut into florets
Garlic cloves – 2, mined
Ginger – 1 tsp, finely chopped
Soy sauce – 3 tbsp.
vinegar – 2 tbsp.
honey or agave nectar – 2 tbsp.
Corn starch – 1 tbsp.
Salt and pepper to taste
For garnish – thinly sliced green onions and sesame seeds
- Lets start with cooking the chicken. Take 1 tbsp. of oil in a large skillet and add the chicken. Let it cook on medium heat till the chicken is cooked thoroughly. It would take about 5 – 7 minutes, depending on the size of your chicken pieces.
- While the chicken is cooking, we can make our sauce. In a mixing bowl add the remaining 1 tbsp. of oil, soy sauce, vinegar, honey, corn starch, garlic, ginger and the salt and pepper. Mix it well till everything is well combined.
- Once the chicken is almost done, add in the broccoli florets and let them cook for another 2 -3 minutes. Make sure to retain both the color and crunch of the broccoli.
- Its time to add in your sauce. Mix it well with the chicken and broccoli and let it cook for another minute or two. The sauce will thicken and coat the chicken well.
- That’s it done. Garnish it with some green onions and sesame seeds and enjoy it with some rice or noodles.
So thanks again Gimme Some Oven for this delightful dish which I will make it again soon. 😀
Do try it and let me know if you liked it. Thanks for reading. See you again soon.