I love eating eggs for breakfast. They are a good source of protein and keep you full for longer. I have already done a post before mentioning some of my favorite egg recipes for breakfast. You can check them out here.
Egg muffin is a great make ahead breakfast option. You can make and refrigerate them for up to a week. Just heat them in the microwave the next day and your delicious breakfast is ready. The good thing about these muffins is that they can be customized to your taste buds. Add sausage if you like or your choice of veggies. You can also make it with just cheese (or omit it, for healthier version). I personally like the veggies version as it keeps me full plus it is such a good way to enjoy vegetables for breakfast. Sounds good ? 🙂
Lets make some.
This recipe will make 12 large egg muffins.
10 large eggs (You can also use just egg whites here or a combination of whole eggs and whites for healthier options)
1/3 cup milk
3/4 cup chopped broccoli
1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup shredded cheese of your choice (I have used cheddar) (Reduce cheese for healthier version)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease well a 12 hole muffin tin or line it with muffin cups.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl and add the milk, salt and pepper to it.
- Add in the broccoli and red pepper to the mix. Feel free to use your choice of veggies here. You can also add sausage here.
- Next carefully fold in the cheese. You can also top your muffins with cheese as opposed to mixing it here. That will make for a more crispier topping.
- Finally, fill the muffin cups with this mixture, about 1/4 cup in each. Bake them for about 15 – 20 minutes till the center of the muffins is well set and they get a pretty golden color.
- The muffins will rise during cooking and sink when they cool down. That’s perfectly ok. Slide them out and let them rest on the cooling rack.
- Enjoy them hot or put them in the fridge in an air tight container and heat them in a microwave before serving.
So there you go, Enjoy this super easy make ahead breakfast, and relish that extra few minutes of sleep you just gained by making your breakfast last night. 😛
See you again soon. Thanks for reading.