I love chocolates, especially white chocolate. Cookies and cream is my favorite ice cream flavor. And seriously who does not like Oreo cookies. So when I came across this recipe that had all of the above, I knew I have to make this one. The simplicity of the recipe was an added advantage. Its probably one of the easiest dessert you will ever make. And ooh so delicious. 😛
This however is not the old fashioned, traditional method to make fudge. Its a super quick recipe and definitely a keeper. Trust me, you will make it again and again. Fudge is such a nice homemade gift for friends and families. I love to especially make them during the holiday season but seriously you can enjoy this delicious treat all year round.
Recipe Credits: Simple Cooking Channel
Here is the super simple recipe.
White Chocolate – 550 grams or about 2.5 cups
Sweetened Condensed milk – 1, 14 0z can, about 395 ml
About 15 Oreo cookies
- The chocolate and condensed milk need to be melted together. This can be done either by the double boiler method or in the microwave. Here is how to do it.
- For the double boiler method, heat some water in a pan on the stove, once it comes to boil, bring down the flame and place a bigger bowl on top of it. Add your chocolates and condensed milk to the bigger bowl and keep stirring till its all melted and well combined. This is a sure shot method to make sure your chocolate does not burn.
- To do this in the microwave, take a microwave safe bowl and add the chocolates and condensed milk. Heat for a minute. Take out and stir well. Now keep heating till it is all melted through and well combined, but in intervals of 30 seconds. Taking it out after every 30 seconds, stirring it well and heating it again. It should take about 3 minutes in total. All microwave ovens work differently so keep a close eye, making sure it doesn’t burn.
- Put the Oreo cookies in a Ziploc bag and crush it with a rolling pin. You can keep the pieces a little bigger if you like to bite into them while eating your fudge or make them really fine, as per your preference. Also, if you like your fudge to be more white in color, you can definitely reduce the amount of cookies used here.
- Add the crushed Oreo cookies to the melted chocolate mix and mix till everything is well combined.
- Line an 8 inch tray with parchment paper or wax paper. Or just grease it well with cooking spray.
- Pour the fudge mix in the greased pan and spread it evenly. You can tap it to the kitchen counter. That helps to release all the air bubbles.
- Now put this in the fridge to set completely. Should be done in about 2 – 3 hours.
- Lift out the parchment paper, if using, and cut these into squares. Enjoy this delicious treat.
- Finally, store in an air tight container. If you have any let overs. 😀
So there you have it. The easiest fudge recipe. Go ahead make some and treat your friends and families. Or just yourself.
Thanks for stopping by at my blog. I hope to see you again soon.